Hey guys, how is your week going so far?
How fast has the year gone? Bloody fast for me, that’s for sure. This past year I have had no actual time off, which looking back I am not sure how I survived. Somehow the end is near and I will be going to Bali at the end of the month 🙂 to do some much needed thinking and relaxing!
There have been many Christmas periods where I felt really guilty for not getting much done during this time of the year. But not this year, I am going to embrace everything and have fun! I really hope you can do the same.
Whether your belief system recognizes Christmas or not, is not important. What is important is allowing yourself the freedom of getting carried away in the moment, to spend quality time with friends and family and occasionally overindulge and not feel guilty about it. You have to have some fun!
I thought I would share some of the things I think is important to do during this time! Hopefully this will help you make the most of your holiday period as well.
- Make an effort to spend quality time with friends and family, be present when talking to them. Check in with them to make sure all is going well in their lives and have a few laughs.
- If possible, take a more relaxed approach to your fitness regime, give yourself some time to rest and recover to be fresh for next year. Instead, try going for morning runs or walks to appreciate the beauty around you or go to a local yoga studio to try something new. You never know, you might even like it ;).
- If you are someone who gives others presents why not try to find something that would be of great use to the person, such as a great book that you have read, a scarf that would complement their eyes or simply a hand made card made with love.
- Appreciate yourself for all of the hard work you have done this past year.
- Set aside time to reflect on the past year, what has been some of your greatest accomplishments? What are some things that you know you could improve on next year?
- Set aside time to really think about what you want to achieve next year. This may take a few attempts but each time you sit and think you will get closer to knowing what you truly want. Think big and write it down! Goal setting can be for all aspects of life, such as: to spend more time with friends who understand and value you, read 12 books and make $100,000 in a year. Remember it is up to you to create success in your life the rest will fall into place, you just have to let it.
But most importantly, just relax and go with the flow. Who knows what exciting things will happen!
Also, hopefully you can get some fashion inspiration from this look. How awesome are bell sleeves?!?
Take care of yourself and stay positive.
Until next time,
Top: The Fashionista Report/Skirt: Paint it Red/ Shoes: Wittner/ Photography: Michael Stevens